Acts 9 Continued
Pastor Valentine | 6.11.23
“I Am the Resurrection & the Life”
Jesus’s statement “I am the resurrection and the life” is one of the most important and profound statements in the Bible. It has multiple meanings, but some of the most important ones include:
- Jesus is the source of resurrection. He is the one who has the power to raise the dead, both physically and spiritually. He proved this when he raised Lazarus from the dead, and he will ultimately raise all of the dead at the end of time.
- Jesus is the giver of eternal life. He is the one who can give people the gift of eternal life, which is life in the presence of God. This life is not just a matter of living forever, but of living in a state of perfect peace, joy, and love.
- Jesus is the embodiment of life. He is the one who brings life to the world. He is the light of the world, and he gives us the power to live a life that is full of meaning and purpose.
In short, Jesus’s statement “I am the resurrection and the life” means that he is the one who has the power to give people new life, both physically and spiritually. He is the one who can give us eternal life, and he is the one who brings life to the world.
Here are some verses from the Bible that help to explain the meaning of Jesus’s statement:
- John 11:25-26: “Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?'”
- Romans 6:5: “For if we have been united with him in his death, we will also be united with him in his resurrection.”
- 1 Corinthians 15:22: “For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.”
- 1 John 5:11-12: “And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.”